Thank you for choosing to volunteer to be a part of Team Moody. Whether you participate weekly or yearly, your time, talents, and efforts will make a difference in the lives you touch. It is the belief of this installation that the quality of life at Moody is enriched by the volunteer’s gift of time energy, energy and talent that you, in turn, will be enriched through giving. Volunteering brings people together – it plays a key role in connecting people to one another, creating healthier families and healthier communities.
Advantages of Volunteering at Moody
- Develop new job skills
- Utilize special talents or skills
- Sample a variety of fields of work to see if you like them before making a commitment
- Get recent, relevant documented work experience for a resume
- Develop portable skills that are necessary for employment when you have a mobile lifestyle
- Explore new interests
- Develop contacts and current references in an area of interest
- Be a part of a worthwhile cause
Air Force Volunteer Excellence Award (VEA)
This award is to recognize outstanding community service. Federal civilians, family members and military retirees are eligible for this award. The volunteer service must be significant in character, produce tangible results and reflect favorably on the United States Air Force. The VEA winner will be announced during Moody’s Volunteer Appreciation Recognition Reception.